The most common method of smoking today is through cigarettes, other smoking implements consist of pipes, cigars, bidis, hookahs, vaporizers, and bongs. With the modernization of cigarette manufacture compounded with the increased life expediencies during the 1920 adverse health effects began to become more common.
A 2007 report states that about 4.9 million people worldwide each year die as a result of smoking. Male and female smokers lose an average of 13.2 and 14.5 years of life, respectively. At least half of all lifelong smokers die earlier as a result of smoking.
Effect of Smoking:
- Cardiovascular disease is the main cause of death due to smoking.
- 3 If the kidney arteries are affected, then high blood pressure or kidney failure results.
- Cigarettes contain more than 4000 chemical compounds and at least 400 toxic substances
- 4 Blockage to the vascular supply to the legs may lead to gangrene and amputation Cancer
- 1 Coronary thrombosis a blood clot in the arteries supplying the heart which can lead
- to a heart attack. Around 30 % are caused by smoking.
- Cardiovascular disease can take many forms depending on which blood vessels are involved, and all of them are more common in people who smoke.
- 2 Cerebral thromboses the vessels to the brain can become blocked, which can lead to collapse, stroke and paralysis. Damage to the brain’s blood supply is also an important cause of dementia.
Some smokers are wasting hundreds of dollars a week on a habit that is causing their body so much harm. We offer free follow-up sessions unlimited for any issues that you need to address from Quitting Cigarettes. So what’s your excuse now ?